Coupe Bavaria Alka Art Alboth and Kaiser, 1958.
L 32 cm H 22 cm W 13.7 cm
August Alboth founded his porcelain decoration company in Coburg in 1872. The company was known as Porzellanveredelung August Alboth. His son Ernst joined in 1875. After August Alboth retired, his successor moved the factory to Kronach in 1898. Ernst Alboth died in 1927. The company name was changed to “Alka-Kunst”. The Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth &Kaiser survived from 1928 to 1951. In 1938, the company acquired the former Gebrüder Silbermann porcelain factory in the town of Hausen. In 1951 the Porzellanfabrik AL-KA Kunst Alboth & Kaiser K.G. established. A new factory was built in Staffelstein near Kronach. The Alka Porzellanfabriken Alboth & Kaiser K.G., Staffelstein existed until 1970. In 1970 the company was renamed Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein K.G. After the German reunification, the problems of the porcelain trade in the country increased. The company declared bankruptcy in 2001. It was bought by PM Kapital G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G and called Kaiser-Porzellanmanufaktur Staffelstein G.m.b.H. & Co. K.G. A beautiful hard porcelain oval coupe is shown. It has a rectangular stepped base with a gilded edge. On this is an oval diabolo-shaped trunk, with a frieze of gilded laurel leaves at the bottom, from which an elongated oval corpus arises. Very striking are the two handles in shiny gold and depicting a swan with a strongly curved neck. A laurel wreath is also painted in gold on the outside of the corpus on both sides. On the inner edge is a frieze of laurel leaves in gold all around. At the bottom the coupe is marked in green with Alka Kunst Alboth and Kaiser with crown, corresponding to the production years 1958-1960. In gold we see the name “Sevres”, a star, and the letters “Tn” (?).
Condition: small defect on one corner, otherwise perfect.