Plaue Von Schierholz, Thüringen, porcelain round decorative dish on stand in the shape of a putto, neo-rococo style, polychrome hand-painted decoration, overlaid with several flowers in relief, marked with Von Schierholz stamp, ca. 1910-1920.
Plaue Von Schierholz, Thüringen, porcelain round decorative dish on stand in the shape of a putto, neo-rococo style, polychrome hand-painted decoration, overlaid with several flowers in relief, marked with Von Schierholz stamp, ca. 1910-1920.

Plaue Thüringen, Von Schierholz, porcelain stand with bowl, polychrome relief decoration, ca. 1910-20.

H 23 cm the bowl Ø 15.5 cm

 300,00

Prijs incl. 6% BTW & Verzendingskosten

Meer informatie

The Plaue porcelain factory in Thuringia, Germany, was founded in 1817 by the Johann Carl Rudolph brothers. Since 1890, Plaue has been one of the world’s few manufacturers of lithophanies. The factory specializes in special objects, luxury porcelain. The works are in the taste of Dresden, Berlin, Meißen, Vienna, Copenhagen. Arthur Schierholz died in 1899 and in 1907 the company became a private limited liability company known as “Von Schierholz Porzellan Manufactur Plaue G.m.b.H.” In the early 1900s, the company began exporting worldwide with showrooms in Germany, Austria, France and England. The modeller Edmund Haase, who was hired in 1884, had a major influence on the creation of Plaue’s collection of shapes. From his hand come the most beautiful rococo models, which were in the constant supply of the factory until the end, and countless designs for flowers, which were used as floral decorations and decorations. Another modeller is Oskar Sieder, who was hired in 1873 and who enriches the range with his 40 years of work, together with Edmund Haase. Of the porcelain painters of the Von Schierholz factory, Karl Schiller, Löffler and Franz Schröder deserve a special mention. The mark of Plaue’s manufacture is represented by the triple oak leaf mark adopted in 1899. The shield frame and crown were added in 1910 and used until the mid-1920s. We show a spectacular decorative porcelain dish on a stand with a raised round foot, made by the Thüringen porcelain manufacturer Plaue during the Von Schierholz era. It is hand modeled in neo-rococo style. The almost round raised base is decorated with gilded volutes, is partly reticulated, has a moss-coloured ground and is covered in high relief with several polychrome flowers, including a large purple carnation. At the top is a vertical upright in the shape of a putto that carries the cornucopia in both arms. The putto is mostly naked except for an orange colored loincloth. Here too we see floral motifs and foliage in high relief. The stand merges into a round high reticulated bowl in white glaze, with the rim and part of the reticulum being gilded. The border is lined on the outside in three places with flowers and foliage in high relief. They are hand painted with various enamel colours. The bottom of the bowl is hand decorated in the center of the inside with a polychrome floral bouquet including a rose, with light green foliage. Everything is hand painted. At the bottom, this decorative bowl is hand stamped in black with a shield in which three oak leaves and on top we see a crown. This is the mark of the Plaue manufacture, used during the Von Schierholz period from 1907 until the 1920s. The decorative dish can thus be dated around 1910-1920. A sticker states that it was purchased in Mechelen in 1998 for the sum of 30,000 Belgian francs.
 
Condition: only a few leaves are broken but otherwise in perfect condition!

Reviews

Faience

Porselein

Keramiek

Varia

Glas

Nieuwe Aanwinsten