Volkstedt Rudolstadt, Thüringen, Aelteste Volkstedter Porzellanfabrik , Richard Eckert, hand modeled porcelain group of three angels around a sheep on a moss-coloured ground, hand-painted with various enamel colours, with flowers and ears of corn in relief, marked with the two crossed pitchforks, late 19th century.
Volkstedt Rudolstadt, Thüringen, Aelteste Volkstedter Porzellanfabrik , Richard Eckert, hand modeled porcelain group of three angels around a sheep on a moss-coloured ground, hand-painted with various enamel colours, with flowers and ears of corn in relief, marked with the two crossed pitchforks, late 19th century.

Volkstedt Rudolstadt, Richard Eckert, porcelain group of 3 putti around a sheep, ca. late 19th century.

H 18 cm Base Ø 12 cm

 250,00

Prijs incl. 6% BTW & Verzendingskosten

Out of stock

Meer informatie

The oldest manufacturer was founded in 1762 by G.H. Macheleid under the protection of Prince J. Fr. von Schwartzberg-Rudolstadt. He discovered the secret of hard porcelain independently of Böttger van Meissen. In 1767 the factory was leased to Christian Nonne and during this period very beautiful porcelain services with delicate decoration were produced. During the 19th century the owner changed frequently: Greiner, Stauch & Co from 1815 to 1860; Macheleid, Triebner & Co from 1816-1875. Many other factories were founded in the late 19th and early 20th centuries. For example, we mention Triebner, Ens & Ekkert (1876-94); Clemens Triebner; Triebner, Ens & Co. (1895-98); Alteste Volkstedter Porcelain Factory (1899-1936); Karl Ens Porcelain Factory founded in 1898 and now operating as Unterglazurporzellan Rudolstadt; Richard Eckert & Co. AG founded in 1895 and incorporated in 1930 into the Älteste Volkstedt Porcelain Factory AG concern; Ackermann & Fritze Factory founded in 1908; Beyer & Bock Porcelain Factory founded in 1890 and now called VEB(K) Porzellanfabrik Rudolstadt-Volkstedt; Ernst Bohne Söhne Porcelain Factory founded in 1854 and in 1945 Albert Stahl & Co. called. they are still in service under the banner of the Tettau company. Now it is part of the Seltmann Weiden group. We show a charming beautiful handmade porcelain group, made by the Volkstedt-Rudolstadt manufactory, Älteste Volkstedter Porcelain Factory (1899-1936). It is hand painted. Three angels are placed around a central figure of a sheep, in yellow color with relief modeling and very detailed. Two of them are standing, one reclining and are naked with the exception of the reclining angel who wears a blue loincloth. We see the milky white glaze with fragments in skin color. Eyes and mouth are highlighted in red. One standing angel carries an ear of corn with flowers in relief on his shoulder. Sheep and cherubs are built on a raised moss-coloured base on which an ear of corn in yellow color can also be seen in high relief, covered with fine small polychrome painted flowers, also in relief. A white glazed band-shaped cylindrical base is modeled at the bottom. This is also gilded with two concentric lines, between which is a frieze of connecting waves. The sculpture rests on three triangular legs, modeled in relief with leaves and flowers, polychrome hand-painted. At the bottom the base is left in biscuit, with a central air hole, and marked in blue with the two crossed pitchforks. In addition, the shape number “1270” and the letter “R” are imprinted in the pâte. This beautiful statue dates from around the end of the 19th century, probably made by Richard Eckert.

Condition: perfect!

Reviews

Faience

Porselein

Keramiek

Varia

Glas

Nieuwe Aanwinsten